Thin Blue Line Decals at FireandRescueDecals.com

Gun Enthusiast ‘Accidentally’ Fires His AR-15 At Army Recruitment Center

An armed civilian who was standing guard outside of an Army recruiting station in the River Valley Mall in Ohio was showing someone his AR-15 rifle when it ‘accidentally’ fired.

28-year Christopher Reed has been charged with a misdemeanor.

No one was injured.

The Columbus Dispatch reports:

Someone from the recruiting station at 1530 River Valley Blvd. flagged down an officer at 12:01 p.m. to report the incident, Wilson said.

Christopher A. Reed, 28, of Lancaster, was charged with discharging a firearm in the city limits, and was issued a summons to appear in Fairfield County Municipal Court on Tuesday, according to the police incident report.

Reed told the officer who responded that he was standing, holding his AR-15 rifle in front of the military recruiting station to guard the personnel inside when someone approached him and asked if he could take a look at the weapon.

Reed agreed to show him, and while he was trying to clear the ammunition from the weapon, he accidentally fired into the asphalt pavement.

Reed’s weapon was confiscated pending his appearance in court.

Conviction on the fourth-degree misdemeanor is punishable by a maximum of 30 days in jail.

Reed told the Dispatch in a telephone interview this afternoon that he had started guarding the recruiting station on Monday.

“I’m nobody special,” Reed said. “I’m just a guy doing my job because my own government wouldn’t do it.”

Thank you for saving us from terrorism by shootin’ up the place, ya big dummy.

Reed described himself as an active gun enthusiast who makes a living working side jobs.

As far as the ‘accidental’ discharge, Reed downplayed that.

“It is what it is,” he said. “Nobody got hurt.”

Yeaaaah, because he got lucky. Or rather, everyone around him got lucky.

The Army has told recruiters to treat gun-toting civilians stationing themselves outside centers to treat them as a security threat. And it appears that they are a threat to the safety of the public.

The Marines also requested that the armed civilians stay home.

Feel free to use the buttons below to share this story.