Thin Blue Line Decals at FireandRescueDecals.com

Man threatens to 'hunt and kill cops' in post.

ST. PAUL, Minn. — A 21-year-old South St. Paul man pleaded guilty Monday in Dakota County District Court to threatening to kill St. Paul police officers and a Minnesota State Patrol trooper after he was ticketed for speeding in 2014.

Harrison William Rund admitted using Twitter to make the threats, according to a criminal complaint. He could be sentenced to up to five years in prison on the felony charge of making terroristic threats.

Rund told investigators he was upset that a trooper stopped him early Feb. 4 in St. Paul and that he posted some tweets he should not have, the complaint said.

According to the complaint, the first tweet from Feb. 4, 2014, read, "(expletive) the @StPaulPoliceFdn they don't call me the cop killer for no reason."

In others also mentioning the St. Paul Police Federation — the city police union, he said:

— "im lookin for Zelda boi and whichever trooper pulled me over lastnight gave me a ticket for goin 68 in a 60."

— "dude its (expletive) up Im getting so pissed out here im literally thinkin about just startin to hunt and kill cops."

Another, which mentions the police department's public information officer, read: "(expletive) you st paul police im gonna kill 5 police officers today."

Rund's last tweet read, "throw a grenade in the room, watch all you coppers kaboom." It included a picture of a group of St. Paul police officers being led by a training officer.

Rund also said a photo on his Facebook page showed him holding what appeared to be a silver revolver, the complaint said.

Rund said the gun was his; however, it was a cap gun.

Rund was arrested at his home in the 300 block of Sixth Avenue on Feb. 5, 2014.

Judge Timothy McManus set the sentencing date Monday for Jan. 20 in Hastings.

Please help spread the word and use the buttons below to share this story.