Thin Blue Line Decals at FireandRescueDecals.com

2 Officers shot on I-75

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is at the scene after officials confirmed that one police officer and one deputy were shot along I-75 in Crisp County.

​It happened near mile marker 99.
Ashburn Police confirmed that one of their officers had been shot. That officer was not immediately named, but was expected to be okay, officials said.

According to a report, the incident began when the Ashburn Police officer went to conduct a traffic stop on a car without a tag near mile marker 82 on I-75.

The City of Ashburn is approximately 20 miles south of Cordele, and it wasn't immediately clear where the officer was headed on the interstate.

Investigators also confirmed the second officer shot was a Turner County Sheriff's deputy.
Both were taken to Crisp Regional Hospital, and expected to recover.

Transportation officials confirmed that all lanes of I-75 North near that location have been shut down.
GDOT issued an alert for detouring traffic on I-75 Northbound.

The City of Ashburn is approximately 20 miles south of Cordele, and it wasn't immediately clear where the officer was headed on the interstate.

Investigators also confirmed the second officer shot was a Turner County Sheriff's deputy.
Both were taken to Crisp Regional Hospital, and expected to recover.

Please help spread the word and use the buttons below to share this story.