Thin Blue Line Decals at FireandRescueDecals.com

R.I.P. Sergeant Greg Meagher

edited 9 Feb 2017 in LODD News & Memorials
image

Sergeant Greg Meagher died after being exposed to liquid nitrogen while attempting to rescue a woman at a medical facility at 1100 Emmett Street in Augusta.

He and several other deputies had responded to the facility and were told that a woman was unconscious inside. The deputies entered the facility to rescue the woman and were overcome by the fumes. Fire department personnel arrived on the scene and were able to remove Sergeant Meagher and the employee. They were both transported to Augusta University Hospital where Sergeant Meagher passed away.

The other three deputies were treated for their exposure to the toxins.

Sergeant Meagher had served with the Richmond County Sheriff's Office for 33 years. In 2004 he was shot in the face while assigned to a federal narcotics task force.

Please help spread the word and use the buttons below to share this story.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Thin Blue Line Decals at FireandRescueDecals.com


Contact Us