Thin Blue Line Decals at FireandRescueDecals.com

End Of Watch

What are everyone's thoughts and remarks on the movie end of watch?

Comments

• I liked it.
  • It was a very good movie. Actors did a spectacular job!
  • I loved the movie....almost had words with another person in the theater though. My boyfriend had to tell me to shut up. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it, but during the funeral scene and just before, some drunk, loud, idiot, was LAUGHING and make smart comments, very disrespectful! I'm sure he definitely wasn't an officer and probably didn't know how serious it was to some people, but man I was fuming. After I heard multiple people saying pretty much what I just said when they were leaving.
  • Great movie! Myself and another officer went to the movie and both of us felt that some of the stuff said between the two main characters or actions they protrayed were almost identical to how we act in the office or in the car. Teh two main characters did an excellent job of protraying how officers act towards civilians, towards co-workers, in the car, and even during meetings. Overall great movie, but told my mother she is not allowed to watch it (LOL) because of the ending. The movie theater I went to was practically empty, so no smart ass comments. For sure going to buy this movie when it comes out.
  • I was waiting for this topic to come up. :) I freaking loved it! The cops I know, absolutely loved it too. It was way more brutal than I expected for a movie, but that's how the job really is. I'm totally buying it when it comes out on dvd.
  • I love it, its one of my favorite cop movies of this year. I really like how it begins with that quote..

" I'm the police, and I'm here to arrest you. You've broken the law. I did not write the law. I may even disagree with the law but I will enforce it and no matter how you plead, congol, beg, or attempt to stir my sympathies, nothing you do will stop me from placing you in steel cage with grey bars. If you run away, I will chase you. If you fight me, I will fight back. If you shoot at me, I will shoot back. By law I am unable to walk away. I am a consequence. I am the unpaid bill. I am fate with a badge and a gun. Behind my badge is a heart like yours. I bleed, I think, I love, and yes, I can be killed. And although I am but one man, I have thousands of brothers and sisters who are the same as me. They will lay down their lives for me, and I them. We stand watch together, a thin blue line, protecting the prey from the predators, the good from the bad. We are the police."

Plus i think the actors did a great job! I cant wait for the movie to come out on dvd as well :)
  • Jclutts: that is really messed up for some one to do that. I'm so glad I didn't hear that i would have done exactly what you did!

Charger girl: it was brutal but it really showed what LEOs do every day.

Jsalgado: that quote is really the best quote I have heard. I actually have a picture of it as the back round on my phone. It's so true.

I will be buying it as well!
  • Yeah, my first ride along I saw a dude get stabbed in the neck at a strip club. You guys don't kid around when you say your job is gruesome. lol.

• Great Movie!
  • Great movie! Very close to home when I was still out on patrol. Although we road solo my zone partner and I were inseparable, that's is until I tested out for detectives. I think every LEO so go see this movie. **==
  • Thin Blue Line Decals at FireandRescueDecals.com
  • I thought it was a great movie. But being a wife of a police officer I balled my eyes out!
  • Hello Everyone!
  • Thought it was a great movie over all. As a LEO family, (wife and I both retired LEO's, three brotherinlaws retired LEO's, a deceased sisterinlaw was a LEO, and my wife has two cousins, one FBI and one ATF) our youngest daughter is in college, a criminal justice major, who plans on being a LEO when she graduates, and our oldest son has his interview with a state agency Monday, it was a must see for the whole family. And both son and daughter had their resolve to be a LEO strengthened by seeing it. Should be used as a training film.
  • edited 13 Dec 2012
    Horrible movie! Yes it showed what we go through to an extent. But hollywood put alot of BS in there. I enjoyed it but left the theater angry at the end which gave me a sour taste to say horrible movie
  • having worked in that area it brought back a lot of great memories. Great movie!
  • At least it undid the damage of 21 Jump Street...
  • This movie was one of the best I've seen and I sobbed during the movie and on the way home
  • I thought it was good movie, didn't think it was 'over done' at all
  • Great movie- yeah, there was a teensy bit of Hollywood bs here and there, but mostly True Blue. I have friends out in CA who work in those jurisdictions, who saw the movie and said 'Yeah, that's basically how it is!'.
  • Loved it! One of the best cop movies of all time IMO!
  • great movie
  • >>At least it undid the damage of 21 Jump Street...<<

Oh come on. 21 Jump Street was funny. Sure, it was low brow, but it was hilarious.
  • Just bought End of Watch on blu-ray. Reminded me of Colors with how gritty it was. Fantastic movie
  • I did not like it. I think someone else made the same point about it being alot of hollywood in it. LEO's have a tough job and it portrayed events they deal with, just seemed off. We also saw "behind the badge", you all should see that..
  • I just watched it. The wife was a little taken aback when he dropped his badge and gun to fight the perp. when I worked in a jail and a prison, that shit would happen from time to time. But I never have seen that on the road. I'm sure it does happen in certain jurisdictions though. I think it just paints us in a poor light.
  • Watched it twice and cried both times. Absoluetly love it.
  • Finally saw it earlier today. I just have to say it motivates me to become an LEO even more, although some of what happened I did think was a bit unrealistic. Specifically, the part where Z took off his gear to fight Tre. I haven't heard of anything like that happening before, at least here in Colorado.
  • Oh, no, that happens. Especially in the ghetto. Remember, these cops work in South Central. That's worse than anywhere anyone has ever worked, unless they've actually worked the South Central beat. The rules are just different there. That said, almost every event in that movie was based on real life stories from the film's technical advisor. The fight with Trey was real, the duct-taped kids in the closet was real, most everything really happened to him or officers he knew.
  • Liked it... could not stand the language. the bomb blew way too much!
  • edited 1 Mar 2013
    ↑↑ From Calif. ~ Got most of my LEO training in Calif.

Didn't really like the movie because of the memories it brought up. It was a good movie & I think a movie civvies should see. Shows the real life, low down on the "mean streets" of L.A.

Drug cartels, bodies, fully auto shootouts, Gangs... most importantly the Brotherhood of the LEO's & their families, even the LEO's they couldn't stand - when the S hits the fan, It's all about the badge.

• Excellent movie, but like Mccameron it brings back a very dark period that i had in my law enforcement days.