Thin Blue Line Decals at FireandRescueDecals.com

Welcome to The Thin Blue Line

Welcome to The Thin Blue Line. Please feel free to browse the forum and connect with fellow Police Officers and Law Enforcement.

Comments

• Was Wondering If You Would Do An EOW Post, For The NYPD Officer Recently Killed Along A Highway (Off Duty) When His Vehicle Was Struck By Another While He Was Pulled Off The Side Of The Road. His Name Is Joseph Pritchard, You Can Probably Google It And Find Pictures And The Whole Story. Thank You
  • This subject (road-side situational awareness) is deserving of an entire article. Even off shoulder with roof lights on, there are STILL impacts. It happens with tow operators also, and citizens who pull over to assist. ALWAYS look over shoulder . . .
  • edited 15 Sep 2014
    I am the daughter and the wife of a police officer. I have tremendous respect for law enforcement officers. The lack of respect and negative coverage is very concerning. I decided to make an effort to give positive recognition to our protectors. In an attempt to post a positive quote, picture, poem, ect., I started searching for
    web-sights. What I discovered left me in a state of disbelief! I have never seen such hateful, slanderous. disrespectful comments in my life. To think I was falsely led into these sites, under a search for positive words!!.. Then, I found "The Thin Blue Line." I have posted one ot your entries daily and asked my facebook friends to pass it on. Thank you!!! I also was so impressed with your policy for NO negativity. If any of my "friends" dare to breach this trust, I will report it.
  • I volunteer with a police department with great officers and I think that law enforcement officials should be given more respect than what they get. Officers go through to much to have to put up with the attitudes of bystanders. So I send my respect to each and every law enforcement officer out there.
  • I have been the wife of a Police Officer for over 25 years. May all those who take up the call to protect and serve come home safe to your families.
  • I wrote a poem about the line of duty deaths in my area in the United States over the past 10 years. These were all people I knew and some I worked with. Two were K-9's. Would you please consider publishing it on your page? my husband is a retired K-9 EOD tech for Sacramento Police Department Sacramento, California USA. I am a Law Enforcement Chaplain for Nevada County Sheriff Nevada City, Ca USA

I CAN'T BREATHE By Carrie Osborn

Traveling code officer in need of assistance stolen vehicle. Here we go. Are you drunk ? I hear a crash. Am I under the dash? I see you do you see me? You are looking at me my brother. We are a special family. I can now close my eyes forever. Please hold him back , he’s working tonight. Tell him I love him and I am sorry.
    I can’t breathe
    Vehicle Pursuit wanted suspect. Ready to go He’s running, my partner has the passenger I have the driver. What is that? I heard a pop. I am so glad that I saw her smile when I got her that Mocha. She works so hard I am sorry you have to say “Officer Down” forgive me.
    I can’t breathe
    I am ready to go Dad. I am alert let’s go Guardians of the Night. Window down ready to deploy. What is that? Metal crunching. How did I get in the road? Dad I am sorry. I hear someone say “clean up this Mess.” Are they talking about me?
    I can’t breathe
    Routine Patrol flying high in the clouds. Nothing better than being the three amigos to serve and protect. What is that red lights? Mayday Mayday. I can land this I have to save us. Why is the sky so clear and blue? Is that God’s hand?
    We can’t breathe
    I am in pursuit. I have to teach these kids this isn’t the way. Gangs are not the way. Wait what are you doing? You are only a kid. Honey I am sorry I won’t come home tonight, I promised I would but this child decided I can’t.
    I can’t breathe
    I have to get this guy before he kills someone traveling at such a high rate of speed. I have my lights and siren on I am on my motorcycle and I know this is the best job in the department. Hey what are you doing don’t turn in front of me. Am I on the ground? Kids daddy loves you Be Brave.
    I can’t breathe
    My ears are alert I have the suspect. Don’t worry Dad I got this. I have to get the bad guy serve and protect I learned that as a pup. Is that a car? Dad I failed I am so sorry. Thank you for loving me, forgive me.
    I can’t breathe
    What ? how? I was just going to ask you if everything was alright? Why did you shoot me three times? Why run me over? I have a family. Why are you doing this? I barely saw your face.
    I can’t breathe
    He took the life of one of my brothers. I know that I have to be alert today of all days. I have to concentrate. I have to get him before he kills anyone else. Is that a shot? Am I bleeding? Dad is that you? I am sorry Dad, can we go home now?
    I can’t breathe
    We are across the country. So much hate but here we are to protect and serve. We are duty bound partners for that thin blue line. We protect and serve and even those who hate us we will put our lives on the line to protect yours. That is the oath we took.
    We can’t breathe
    Even though at times it feels like my faitytale will come to an end and the future is unknown. Marriage is a known causality of the job . No matter what he will always be my best friend and father of my children. Now ever since that first day when I knew his job. I know the words duty and honor. He lives to protect and serve and his commitment to the thin blue line. When he puts on that blue shirt with the city crest , badge over his heart, and gun on his side. He leaves to go out the front door.
    I can’t breathe
  • Hold on to the promises......
  • Good morning. I'm not LEO, but several of my brothers are and one brother in law. My father is also retired LEO. This morning, my brother in law was shot during a routine traffic stop. Once in the chest, once in the arm. Here is the link to the story.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/16/us/phoenix-police-officer-shot/index.html

My sister and him have 5 children. She's terrified and of course we are all upset. He did not even have time to return fire. Thank God his vest stopped the bullet to his chest. For now we are keeping his name out of the news but this is just senseless. Is there a way to put this in your site so LEO can give them support? I know he follows your page as does my sister. Thank you. We love our LEO's...