Thin Blue Line Decals at FireandRescueDecals.com

Do you carry off duty? Why or why not?

2»

Comments

• I carry everywhere and everyday.
  • Its better to be safe than sorry so I carry off duty as well. This world too crazy to leave home without it.
  • I wouldn't leave the house without it... you never know when you'll run into someone you put away, especially when with my kids.
  • I carry either my Taurus 38 special or my glock 21 .45 caliber when off duty...never leave home without it. The way this poor world is going now gotta have it with you..
  • Sig P230 off Sig P229 on. w/P230 on ankle. The more Sig's the better! Would have more working on it. Waiting for mothers day, need another Sig!
  • The only exception is when im out drinking with friends, then it stays home. At any other time i carry .
  • Question for y'all: I'm looking for an Off-duty weapon what I can carry while running. Small, light, semi. Any suggestions?
  • I would never leave home without my weapon. I've only been in Corrections for a bit over a year now and I don't know how many times I've heard my name called from down the street or in a restaurant already. I'm not going to take the chance of my name being called by someone I may have had bad encounters with.
  • Always carry. I was at home one night and local dealer strolled up and started banging on my door. He said he had seen a suspicious vehicle outside. To many cops have been killed on thier own door steps, never know when you are going to need it not to have it. Plus our policy is that you will always carry.
  • I carry all the time when not on duty. Actually, I don't carry while on duty since I am a detention deputy. :)
  • Thin Blue Line Decals at FireandRescueDecals.com
  • My wife and I carry all the time.
  • I am a DOD Police Officer and finally they have given us authority to carry our weapons off duty. It took however the former president to update LEOSA in 2004 then the current president to make it a part of the National Defense Appropriations Act of 2013 to finally make so DOD Police Officers could carry off-duty; however we still have Commanding Officers of DOD installations still refusing to allow us to carry on the very installations we work on. I carry no matter what as most of you have said better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I also believe now it is better to be judged by twelve than to be carried by six. I just wish the people we worked for and protected would return the favor and understand our need for protection too.
  • I'm going to be a victor not a victim....I always carry off duty