Thin Blue Line Decals at FireandRescueDecals.com

Cops dating cops?

2»

Comments

• Don't shit where you eat. I train all rookies and new hires from other depts. I tell them all day 1. Some listen, some don't. Just know that once you get involved inside your own dept, everyone will be in your business. It's not worth it.
  • @Wacky: That seems to be good advice from what all these people have told me. Sarge tells me the same thing, lol (even though I'm only an intern). He tells me keep it out of the department unless you want everyone all in your business all the time. I imagine it's that way with a lot of jobs though.
  • Its funny I have dated cops my whole life and never had a problem. I have always had great relationships with cops. The one time I didnt date a cop I married someone else now divorce. So I should have stayed with the cops.
  • It seems like a good idea at the time, but i really is not. you think that by dating a cop they understand what you go through each day, and they should; but it does not always work out that way. Where i work it is a small force of about 150 cops, and most of them end up dating each others man or woman which is not a good thing and causes conflict way to often.
  • After 27 years of this profession I know all to well that you should never date within your department. Seen to much headache and heartbreak among my friends and fellow officers. Outside your department, let your conscience be your guide,
  • There are pros and cons to that question ....I will say dating within the same dept is bad news . not a good carrer move yes sometimes it works out but more often then not it doesnt and then shit hits the fan . It is good to be with somebody who understands how this job works and its not a 9-5 job . I have dated both civilians and cops and I say go with what makes you happy . just make sure whatever relationship you get into especially if your not a leo and will be dating one you know what your getting into . it can be hard on relationships.
  • My husband and I are both retired LEO's from the same Dept. Been married 22 yrs. and all is still great !!!! We also have friends-both LEO's from the same Dept. Married 13 yrs. and goimg strong! All depends on the people involved.
  • My wife and I are both officers as we have a great strong marriage and we have two kids :)
  • So I gues it can be good as long as you find the right person